It's hard to believe that November has come and gone already. December is already here and Christmas will be here before we know it. This four day weekend was much needed and allowed me to catch up and spend time with my family. The holiday was nice and relaxing and even was Black Friday. Unlike most people who run out before the roosters crow, I was still snug in my bed catching Zs. Once I got up I decided to do my shopping online and found some excellent deals! No lines, no crowds, and I accomplished more in a matter of 30 minutes then I would have shopping in a few hours.
By getting it all done in the morning I was able to spend some one on one time with my little girl. I figured a quick trip to a nearby city would be fun so we could go to her favorite restaurant and see the new Penguins of Madagascar movie. In all honesty the new Penguin movie was pretty cute and I would recommend to go see it with your little ones!
Besides spending time with my loved ones this weekend, I was also able to come up with another 21 Day Fix recipe. I had been craving potato soup and figured there must be a way to make it Fixed Friendly. So I tweaked my traditional potato soup recipe and this is what I came up with:
21 Day Fix Potato Soup
Serves 2. Each serving consists of: 1 Green, 1 yellow, 1 Blue, 1 tsp
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1 green container of cauliflower
- 2 blue containers of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp of olive oil (or organic butter)
- 1 cup low sodium organic chicken broth
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut your medium potato into tiny pinches (as big as you want in your soup).
- In a medium pot add the chicken broth, 1/2 cup of water, diced potato, and cauliflower. Brin to a medium boil and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked take out half of the potatoes and place in bowl to the side.
- Take the broth and remaining potatoes and cauliflower and place it in a blend. Add a cup of hot water and blend until smooth.
- Once blended smooth place the mixture back into pot and put on low heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese is mixed well and add in remaining potato chunks.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy.