Last week an extra early Christmas gift came in the mail for me. Since the Les Mills Pump set was on sale and I have been wanting it for a very long time my husband decided to be extra sweet and bought it for me. The best part is, he didn't even make me wait until Christmas to open it! So last Tuesday I started Pump and I have got to say that I am in LOVE with the results I am seeing already.
I knew that lifting weights was the key to reaching my next fitness goal but I wasn't quite sure about how I wanted to start my resistance training. The rep effects within Les Mills really gets a good burn going and the program has so many modifications that anyone can get started on this program. Pump has me more then excited to see where I will be in 90 days :)
To keep on target with my goals I also need to make sure that I am getting proper nutrition. I will continue to follow the 21 Day Fix meal plan but I have decided to mix it up and start to play around with flex dieting. Although I will be starting flex dieting, more Fix recipes/meal ideas will keep on coming each week. Instead of posting the meals on Sundays I have decided that Monday nights actually fit my schedule better so I will continue to post weekly on Monday night from now on.
This weekend I wasn't in much of a mood for cooking large meals so I decided to be lazy and create a 21 Day Fix approved pizza. This recipe can be so versatile and you can mix it up a lot!
21 Day Fix Pizza
1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 blue
- 1 whole wheat sandwich thin (you can also mix this up with flatbread, a tortilla shell, or any type of whole wheat approved yellow. What's great is you can even omit yellow all together and make your own cauliflower crust!)
- 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (purple - or make your own sauce and count it as a green)
- 1 blue container of mozzarella (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- OPTIONAL: Add veggies for a green, or even chicken, turkey sausage, or lean ground hamburger for a red!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- On a nonstick baking sheet place each half of the sandwich, top with sauce, cheese, and toppings if desired.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Enjoy!