Although it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas with the few flakes in the air I got to decorate the house a bit for fall. I wasn't about to let jack frost steal my thunder so I lit a few pumpkin spiced candles and set the mood for fall indoors. Looking for some fall inspiration I also stumbled upon this Apple Harvest Muffin recipe and I think I am in LOVE <3 . Best part is it can fit into the 21 Day Fix!
Apple Harvest MuffinsTotal Time: 28 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 muffin each
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat bran (or oat bran)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ cup apple butter, no sugar added
- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk (or nonfat plain yogurt)2 large egg whites
- 1 medium apple, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped pitted prunes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
- Combine flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine apple butter, buttermilk, and egg whites in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to apple butter mixture; mix until just blended.
- Add apples and prunes; mix until just blended.
- Divide batter among twelve prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
For the full nutritional values and information please visit Beachbody's website: