Trick 'r Treat was this weekend... and that only means one thing; Temptation is EVERYWHERE!!
The fall and Halloween are and always will be my favorite time of the year, but it is also one of the hardest seasons for me. Being a past binge eater it is extremely difficult to not go back to my old ways, especially when I am surrounded by candy. There's candy at work, candy at home, and candylining the isles of every grocery store I visit.
And I will be honest there were a few times in the last few weeks I haven't been on my best behavior BUT I am sticking to my guns and haven't binged! Sometimes you just have to look at all the positives you have accomplished and not focus on the few negatives that have happened. When you focus on the negative it will make you feel bad and discourage you from future success. So whether you have given into a little bit of temptation or were able to completely forfeit all seasonal temptation go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back! You deserve it either way.
Even though I did cheat a few times, I have been good today and plan on staying good. My next accountability group on Facebook will be a FREE Hot for the Holidays group that will begin November 3rd. I have decided that this group will focus on flexible eating and include accountability for workouts and avoiding holiday binges. There will also be a few prizes involved as well!
This group will be small so if you are interested in joining please send me an e-mail (email@example.com), or you can always connect with me on Facebook!
All this talk about the holidays and treats got me thinking about this amazing fruit salsa and cinnamon sugar tortilla chips that I made a few Thanksgivings ago. Since I obviously cannot eat the original recipe and stick to my meal plan I decided to remake that recipe and make it 21 Day Fix Approved.
21 Day Fix Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
1 6inch whole wheat tortilla shell
1/2 small gala apple
1/2 purple container of frozen strawberries (partially thawed)
1 tsp of coconut oil
2 tsps of raw sugar (coffee section, max amount for day)
Cinnamon to taste (Free)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Put your teaspoon of coconut oil in a small dish and melt it in the microwave (should only take a few seconds).
- In a small dish place one of your teaspoons of raw sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon in until you get a nice even mixture of cinnamon to sugar. Place bowl to the side.
- Take the tortilla shell and put it on a cutting board. Brush some of the coconut oil onto the tortilla shell until it has a slight coating over the whole shell. Then sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the tortilla shell.
- Cut the tortilla into small triangles (chips), and then transfer the chips over to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the chips are baking take your partially thawed strawberries and blend them and also dice up your apple into small pieces. Put the diced apples and blended strawberries into a small bowl. Sprinkle over your last teaspoon of sugar and mix. Put the bowl to the side
- Once the chips are done, let them cool and then enjoy!