This last week we introduced a new member to the Armour family. After a quick trip to a local animal shelter we brought home a cute and lovable beagle by the name of Dottie. She is one of the sweetest dogs you could meet and it has made my daughter happier then I can put into words to have an animal companion that is her best friend now. The only thing that saddened me about going to the shelter was seeing so many puppies homeless. I am such a softie when it comes to animals.
Besides introducing a new member into our family, this week seems to have flown by. Between getting my car worked on, gymnastics for the little one, and finishing up my first 8 week class of the semester it's no wonder that this week has gone by so fast. I do have to say that turning in my last assignment today for my business communications class was a nice touch to the week. I am now officially finished with the class and can say I am now only 3 classes away from graduation! woo-hoo!! My next 8 week class begins tomorrow and I can't wait to get through it and bring on the holidays.
This weekend I also took the time and found a yummy fall recipe that is fixed approved. It seems that I am still stuck on my pumpkin kick :)
Beachbody's Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Total Time: 28 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 muffin each = 1/2 red & 1/2 blue/orange
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 scoops Beachbody Whey Protein Powder, Vanilla flavor, or equivalent (I use Vanilla Shakeology)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
- Place egg, egg white, pumpkin, banana, almond butter, and maple syrup in blender; cover. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add Protein Powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; cover. Blend until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
images from beachbody website: http://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/nutrition/pumpkin-protein-muffins