It’s official the weekend is over with…insert sad music.
Although I am sad to see the weekend go I will admit that I am pretty excited to get this week started at work since it’s the kick off of our Slim Down Challenge. Being in charge of the employee activities is pretty awesome especially since I get to blend my real job with my love of helping others get healthy! The best part about this activity at work is seeing how many people are interested in this event. It’s always awesome when you get to mix work with something you love so much!
Any-who.. the main reason why I jumped on here before I called it a night was to post about my Shakeology Cookie Recipe. I know I mentioned no-bake cookies but when my husband came home with chocolate chip cookies I decided that I had to make my own or else I would find myself face first in the bag of yummy-ness filled with too much sugar, fat, and calories.
It took awhile but I figured out how to swap some not so healthy ingredients out and came up with my own:
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (or oat flour)
- 2 scoops of vanilla Shakeology
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of applesauce
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combined the flour, shakeology, salt, and baking soda; mix well and set it aside
- In another bowl combine the applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla extract and mix it all together.
- Once you have the liquids mixed together add the liquid mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Take a tablespoon and drop the cookies on a non-stick pan. I would also recommend spraying the cookie sheet with a little coconut non-stick spray if you have it.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until done. Cool and Enjoy!
One cookie = 111 calories and 2.3 grams of protein. These cookies can also be swapped out for a yellow container on the 21 Day Fix in place of the double chocolate cookies.
For future reference you can find this recipe on both the recipe tab and the shakeology recipe tab.