This weekend was nice and relaxing. Didn’t do much of anything which was a nice change. No homework deadlines and no running around trying to get stuff done. I was able to get my workouts in bright and early and not have to worry about doing them at night. This has created a new goal for me. This week I am going to try to get up even earlier and push play before I get ready for work. Granted I have never been much of a morning person but I am going to give it a shot. It never hurts to try right?
Besides getting my early morning workouts in I was also able to create a 21 Day Fix friendly version of Lasagna. Unfortunately I didn’t get to take a picture of it baked since I kind of dove right in. I just couldn’t help it since it looked so yummy! If there is a recipe you would like me to re-do for The Fix, always feel free to contact me!
21 Day Fix Lasagna
You can make this two different ways below is for anyone who wants to use noodles for a yellow container. However you can make it with spaghetti squash instead by swapping 2 yellow for 2 green. If you only want to have one green container per serving when using spaghetti squash just remove the spinach.
(Makes 2 Servings)
Per serving: 1 Yellow, 1 blue, 1.25 red, 1 green, 1 purple
- 2 yellow containers of whole wheat lasagna noodles (or any whole wheat noodles you desire; I used macaroni noodles since it’s what I had on hand
- 1 red container of cooked lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 red container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 loosely packed green containers of spinach
- fresh chopped parsley
- 2 blue containers of mozzarella
- 2 purple containers of organic marinara sauce
- Preheat your oven for 375 degrees
- While your oven is preheating start to boil your noodles and in a ball add in your ricotta and egg. Chop up your spinach and add it in with the ricotta along with your parsley. Place this bowl to the side
- Mix in your marinara sauce and lean ground beef in a separate bowl.
- In a small pan (I used a thin 7 1/2 by 9 1/2 pyrex dish) put a small amount of the sauce at the bottom. Add half of your noodles, then 1/2 ricotta, and 1 blue container of mozzarella. You will want to layer again putting your sauce, noodles, ricotta, and top off with the remaining ricotta.
- Bake for approximately 25 - 35 minutes until the cheese has browned a little on top. Enjoy!