Just as soon as the weekend is here it is gone again. I cherish the time I get to spend with my family on the weekends, but now we are winding down for the evening and getting ready for another busy week! There is so much to do this coming week I am almost exhausted just thinking about it! Between running around for girl scouts, gymnastics, the Susan G Komen Race For the Cure, family get togethers, on top of my regular work schedule and school assignments I am sure this week will fly by before my eyes. It seems like the busier I am the faster my time goes.
I am just glad I got another lazy weekend in before this week approaches. Although I say lazy I did manage to get all my workouts in and stay on track with my healthy eating. I even came up with a new banana pancake recipe for the 21 Day Fix! I wasn't sure about making these since I am not that big on pancakes (I know I'm crazy, who doesn't love pancakes?) but these were pretty awesome and really easy to make!
Banana PancakesServes 1 (makes two pancakes); 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Purple, 1 tsp from coffee section
- 1 Banana
- 1 yellow container of quick oats
- 2 eggs (I removed one of the yolks)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of purple maple syrup (coffee section)
- Cinnamon to Taste
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- Let the batter sit for 4 or so minutes just so it can thicken a little.
- Spray a medium skillet with a little non stick cooking spray and cook each pancake on medium low heat until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy!