If you're like me you always love to find new ways of making yummy yet healthy food. I am a big foodie and still having my meals taste delicious is extremely important to me. Because food is such an important part of my life and one of the hardest things to adjust to when starting a healthy lifestyle, I have decided to start a new section of my blog and have it dedicated to recipes. For now I have put a couple of recipes under the recipe section of my blog and will continue to add a new recipe every weekend, no later then Sunday evening.
Here is one of the yummy recipes I have added:
21 Day Fix Breakfast Burrito
1/2 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 Blue, and 1 Green
What you need:
- 1 small corn tortilla (1/2 yellow; you can also do this with a whole wheat tortilla if you choose)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray (Free)
- Leftover Taco Meat (1/2 red container of Extra Lean Hamburger with Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 1 Egg scrambled (1/2 Red)
- Cheddar Cheese (1/2 blue, or 1 blue if you choose)
- Lettuce (1 Green Container; and/or veggies of your choice)
- Salsa (Free)
- Take your egg and mix the egg in a bowl, then place it to the side for later.
- Spray a small non-stick skillet with cooking spray and cook the corn tortilla on medium low heat until golden brown on both sides.
- While you are cooking your tortilla take your 1/2 red container of taco meat and heat it in another skillet once the meat starts to warm up a little add in the already mixed egg and keep cooking until the egg is done.
- By now your tortilla should be golden brown on both sides. Place the tortilla on a plate and then add your egg/taco meat, salsa, cheese, and veggies.
Taco Meat: 2 pieces of Turkey Bacon, or Turkey sausage (crumbled)
Veggies: Anything you want really - onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc.